2019. A fresh year. A chance to do over, start over – a clean slate. Which yes, we could do at any point in life, but lets face it – there is something really empowering and motivating about a new year.
This year I wasn’t rocking a hangover on new year’s day……ok, lets be real I never rock a hangover on New Years day – because I NEVER go out on New Years eve. I’ma 25 year old trapped in an old woman’s body. I swear. I just really enjoy my pj’s, takeaways and TV Series (like, reallllllly enjoy)
So with feeling fresh and having nada to do, I decided to do some tasks and make a list of things I want to do – to get the new year underway.
I am one for the good feels and empowerment so with that I am sharing it with you lovely lot in the hope it will in turn bring you some motivation and feel good vibes!
- Social Media Detox – We often get so caught up in Social Media, half the time we don’t even realise whom we are following and what we are subconsciously subjecting ourselves too. Just because Social Media is accessible does not mean that we need to have the apps and if we do – we need to remember that we are in control of what we want to see and follow. So if your not bothered about Social Media, delete the apps – have a time out (you can always go back to it later) If deleting is not for you, then instead go through your following – decide what YOU want to see. Delete, unfollow and block anything/anyone that makes you feel like shit or that just isn’t positively benefiting your life. Let 2019 be full of the things you want to see, the things that make you happy, the things you can relate to and enjoy.
- Create a Vision Board – Get your arts and crafts on! Make a vision board of all the things you want to manifest/achieve in your life and in this new year! It can be anything and everything – there are no limitations. Stick it somewhere visible where you will see it daily. It’s not only allowing you to visualise what you want – which in turn you will attract (law of attraction!) it is also a good daily reminder of your goals. You can also just write down on a piece of paper the things you want, it works just as well!
- Have a pamper! – When you look good, you feel good. Have a pamper session. Do your nails, have a hot bubble bath, get the face masks out. Whatever makes you feel good, do it! Start the year feeling your very best.
- Spring clean – There is nothing better then a good spring clean. A clean environment equals a clean mind! Throw out the old to make room for the new. (Car included!) Get organised and have a clean clear space for the year ahead!
- Rid yourself of the past – Whatever no longer serves you, leave in 2018. Whatever hurt you, leave in 2018. The past is the past. It’s time for new beginnings. Write down the things that you no longer want to be in your future & present and burn it!
- Start a Journal/Letter to my future self – The Years fly and we often forget a lot of things that we did, certain feelings & memories. We also go through things that we think we will never get over. So this year I’ve decided to write a letter to myself using the website futureme – you can schedule your letter to be emailed to you on your selected date of choice. It’s a good way of releasing how you feel and it’s something to look/read back on to realise how much has changed and how far you have come!
- Create a Bucket List – Something I am admittedly bad at! I always create a bucket list and then forget about it and fail to tick anything off (fml) but this year I am going to try….again (can’t beat a trier) write down things you’d like to do, create the list & tick them off as you go! In 2019 …live & enjoy yourself!
Doing the above has really made me feel like I’ve got my sh*t together and I feel ready to tackle the year ahead!
So if you haven’t done the above, give it ago! If you have anymore ideas to add, drop them below and share the love.
Wishing you all a happy & amazing 2019!