In just over 2 weeks I’m approaching 25. And yeah, although it’s just another number and I am another year older, I definitely feel like at this point in my life I’ve learnt a lot.
1.You can’t plan life – You can have a vision of how you want your life to go and have everything mapped out in front of you, but life very rarely if ever goes to plan. You can never predict how life is going to go or what is going to happen. Things happen, changes occur. It’s unpredictable.
2.There ain’t nothing you can’t get over – You can go through so much (some real shit, shit) ..in the moment you can never see a way past it. But soon enough you look back collectively at everything you have been through and realise there is literally nothing in life you cannot get over or over come.
3. You find out who your real friends are – You go from having loads of friends to the bare minimum. Like 3 if your lucky. As life changes and people grow up, you either grow with each other or out grow one another. You realise who’s really down for you and who’s not. It’s all about quality over quantity!
4. You create your own happiness – Other people & materialistic things will never make you happy. Happiness starts with yourself, inside. Unless you truly feel good in you, as you, and with who you are everything else will never make you feel complete.
5. Kindness costs nothing and means everything – Give when you can, uplift others, do something good. Never under estimate the power of a kind gesture. It makes you feel pretty damn good too.
6. Some people are just shit – There’s some right assholes in this world and that’s just the way they are. No matter what you do, or how nice you are, or how much you try to change them. You can’t. It’s not a reflection upon you, it’s just who they are.
7. Your gut is always right – We always give power to our mind & thoughts and ignore what our gut is telling us. Whether I listened to my gut or not it’s always proven to never be wrong. Don’t under estimate the power of your intuition. It gives you all the answers. Start listening.
8. We hold the power – We often forget we actually hold the power over our lives. We can change ANYTHING we want WHENEVER we want. Don’t let fear give you excuses, embrace the power you have and make your life amazing!
9. Support other people! – Supporting other people’s goals and dreams is really important. If you can help, DO! If you want to go far…go together.
10. You’re not boring for not wanting to go out – Nights in become the new going out. As you get older your interests change & you enjoy the down time. Your not boring, your just in a new phase of your life now! Suck up the pjs, enjoy the food and chill. It’s good for the soul!
11. Don’t stay in shit situations – Jobs, relationships, friendships – if they are making you miserable, walk away! No amount of money is worth the cost of your happiness, and real love isn’t supposed to hurt you! The moment you walk away from negative things in your life, you open up a new path way for amazing things to enter!
12. What you want & what you need are 2 very different things – We don’t often get what we want. At first we question why and get disappointed and angry. You soon realise you end up getting what you needed instead and it always works out in your favour.
13. Saving money is a good thing – You can still enjoy life but watch the pennies! At some point you will need something behind you and you will thank yourself in the long run!
14. Take the advice you would give – When it comes to advice, we all give it but very rarely take it. DO. Take the advice you would give to others and implement it. When you listen to your truth you will never go wrong.
15. Your not always gonna have your shit together. Down days happen ALOT, you lose your mojo, you have zero idea what your doing with life and you just plod along. It will happen often & is completely normal. Embrace it, go with it. It doesn’t last forever.
16. Memories are important. Take pictures and lots of them. Don’t throw away stuff in the heat of the moment, you WILL regret it (yes even if your ex was a prick) …. embrace every moment, capture it and save it. Life moves quick, we forget things too often. It’s good to look back and remember the good times!
17. There’s no time line in life. You do not have to have your perfect career straight out of college, or be married by 25 or have kids by 30. There is no time line on how things must go. You can have what you want, when you want. Don’t stress if you are not there yet. You will be.
18. Don’t make permanent decisions on temporary emotions. Our emotions often get the better of us, we react on impulse – in the moment. Take a second and chill. Once the heat has passed we usually see things a lot differently.
19. Travel is good for the soul – There is a big wide world out there, go see it! Embrace new places, talk to people, learn about different cultures. This world is pretty amazing when you open your eyes to the amazing things surrounding us. There is nothing more rewarding than travelling. It really does change you and your mindset. It gives you a greater appreciation of life.
20. Everything always works out. LITERALLY. Always. Things just always have a resolution, an answer, a light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes we don’t even need to do anything, it just happens itself. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
21. Social media is not real life, don’t compare yourself to what you see online. It’s not a reflection of reality.
22. Not everyone has the same heart as you – Not everyone will give & love how you do. It’s not personal. It’s just the way it is.
23. Family time is important – You get one family. Enjoy the time you have with them & show them appreciation! Family is the most important thing in life!
24. It’s ok to be selfish – Put your own needs & wants first. This is your life and you need to be able to live it to the fullest. Don’t compromise your own happiness for others.
25. Life goes real fast – The older you get the quicker the years pass. So enjoy every moment, embrace every person, give when you can, love with all your heart, smile, laugh and live life to the fullest!