YouTube the home to entertainment, whatever it is you’re into its on there. And if you are a YouTuber and are doing well, you can make a hella lot of dollar! But is it really that easy and straight forward?!
I myself have my own YouTube channel with my whopping 30 subscribers (it’s a work in progress lol) .. truth is, YouTube Channels are hard frickin work. Especially when you’re trying to get yourself out there. It’s SO easy to lose motivation (like I do every other month or so!) I’m working on it…..
Here’s what really goes down behind filming a YouTube video.
1. 9 our of 10 times your battery always runs out half way through on your camera. You was right in the flow, doing your thang & bam – shows over. You then have to sit & wait for it to re-charge & get yourself back into the same vibe you was in before.
2. It takes forever to get the right lighting…even with accessories, ring lights etc, lighting is a b*tch! You think you’ve got it & then out of no where you resemble Casper, it goes so bright you are now invisible. On the flip side all lighting suddenly dims and you need a candle to see yourself. There is no in between.
3. You get interrupted by people swanning into your room, whilst your mid filming. Completely throwing you off what you are doing. That or world war 3 starts erupting down stairs…usually all because someone didn’t wash up there plate. (Just my house then?)
4. You forget what your even doing…mind blanks happen OFTEN. Like, what am I even doing here? Why is my camera set up? What was I saying? WHERE AM I?!
5. When you finallyyyyy get the filming process completed, you then have to endure the pain of importing them to your computer & don’t be fooled even the best computers are on the slower side of life. For real.
6. Once imported you then have the task of editing, cutting & merging it all together. Now I do actually love this part but best believe it will also be the death of me. Do you no how painful it becomes listening to your own voice 30000000 times over?! You end up hating what you’ve recorded because you’ve watched it that many times, that if they was actual real views you would probably be knee’s deep in pound notes right now.
7. After spending half of your life getting it all pieced together you then have another exporting process & now have to save the video…which again is on the slower side of life.
8. Finally exported, another upload is needed (can you see a pattern here?) this time it’s gotta actually get onto Your Channel. Now when I say this is THE LONGEST process ever I am not joking! Lately my videos have taken a WHOLE DAY to upload!! By the time my video has actually uploaded I have officially aged by 10 years.
9. Once 10 years have passed & its finally on your channel…you can get your link & start sharing…..advertising it over ever single one of your social media sites. Over & over & over again.
10. You end up so exhausted from the long ass process, you need a break from doing another one. But the break turns into 3 months & you wonder why you have no more subscribers than the month before.
Creating content, actually filming & having the time to edit & endure the uploading/exporting process honestly isn’t easy work. I have a lot of respect (& jealousy) for those who keep their YouTube Channels flowing & growing! I really am going to try my best this year to focus & grow my channel (if I can refrain from throwing my camera & laptop out of the window!)
It’s a work in progress….a progress that I hope does keep progressing. So stay tuned & why not head over and come subscribe to My Channel 🙃 to watch the journey?
Ps! If you have your own YouTube channel & have any tips & tricks show your girl some love & hit me up! Or if you can relate to these struggles let me know, so I don’t feel alone😆
Oh and share your channel link below, so I can come subscribe to you! Xo